Dizzy Community
37 Members

Dizzy headache

Hi everyone. Just wanted to post My situation in case it can help someone else out there. I have suffered from headaches my entire life. I finally started an antidepressant at age 20 and it helped me to have a better quality of life with less pain  although I still always have a slight headache .  Clinical depression does not necessarily mean that you are sad or unhappy. In my case, I was depressed because I was in pain, not the other way around.  Some of us just have a chemical imbalance   And have to be on medication  .Two months ago I was working  and all of the sudden I got the worst headache I could imagine with confusion and dizziness. I went to the urgent care where they did multiple blood tests. Over the next month I had MRIs blood tests and so many doctors appointments. They did find I had a hernited disc in C5/C6 but after the epidural I only had minimal relief.  After missing two months of work and still being extremely dizzy, we decided to change my antidepressant because they can stop working after time. Within days I was feeling back to normal. This may not be everyone situation but thought I would shed some light because I was so miserable all I wanted to do was die.  Don't give up.  If all else fails I highly recommend trying an antidepressant. You may have to go through a few before you find one that works for you. Cymbalta is great because it works on depression anxiety and chronic pain.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.