Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
Avatar universal

A DOG ATE A MOLDY FOOD

My dog ate a bread with a mold.  She seems weak but she can still walk and when we call her name, she wagged her tail. She vomited and had diarrhea. She doesn't have a appetite to eat but she drinks water. Today in the morning, she vomited again. The color was yellow. And right now, I think she vomited again because there was a clear bubbles in her mouth. What should I do? My parents doesn't want to send her in the vet :(

P.S My mom made her drink water with a dextrose powder. Is this the reason why she got clear bubbles in her mouth? ANSWER ME PLEASE, I REALLY NEED YOUR RESPONSES/HELP.
1 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Avatar universal
This is a month late so I hope your dog survived, moldy food contains mycotoxins which can kill your pet without aggressive treatment.
Helpful - 0
1 Comments
I really didn't realize this.  I think of them as iron stomachs since I've seen my dog eat all kinds of disgusting things she finds in the yard from time to time. I'll keep this in mind regarding moldy food!  What should we look for regarding this?
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Dogs Community

Top Dogs Answerers
675347 tn?1365460645
United Kingdom
974371 tn?1424653129
Central Valley, CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Members of our Pet Communities share their Halloween pet photos.
Like to travel but hate to leave your pooch at home? Dr. Carol Osborne talks tips on how (and where!) to take a trip with your pampered pet
Ooh and aah your way through these too-cute photos of MedHelp members' best friends
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.