Dog not eating although all tests are normal

My dog who is 11 years old and used to love his food suddenly stopped eating almost 2 weeks ago.
At the first day or two, we thought he had an upset stomach although he had no throw up or diarrhea. We took him to the vet on his third day. They run blood and urine sample and all tests came back normal.
They did an X-ray thinking he might have a blockage. They did not find anything.
Two days ago, we took him for an abdominal ultrasound. They could not find anything either.
They checked his teeth and they looked ok.
He has no symptoms besides drinking more water than normal, being lethargic and of course not eating. All his kidney tests were normal so they rolled out any issues with that.
We put him on Metacam for couple days to see if it will help him eating if will ease his pain. But it did not and instead we got an unset tummy.
His diet previously was very healthy, consists of Ziwi kibbles and Raw Dehydrated Food along with some cooked human protein (chicken, beef, and pork) with nothing added to the protein.
I do not know what we can do to help him eating. Any suggestion or advice helps. Thanks.
COMMUNITY LEADER
This is a mystery isn't it? Poor boy. I hope his appetite returns soon.

It's good all tests are normal, but doesn't help the diagnosis. Could he have got into something which disagreed with him at all? Even though it didn't cause obvious GI symptoms?

Has he been through any kind of unusual stress recently? Family arguments, moving location, missing someone etc?

If not....then it is a mystery. I am guessing he still gets the same amount of exercise?

Another possible thing to try is a stool analysis test. That would pick up any possible GI inflammation, or parasites etc. Such things might not show up on blood work even though general systemic inflammation does show up in Serum C reactive protein and ESR (Erythrocytce sedimentation Rate.) So his blood test would show tings like that but possibly may not have markers for a mild GI inflammation

How are his ears? If something is wrong there it could cause a mild nausea perhaps. Get the vet to take a look and to check for nystagmus (unusual eye movements)

Is there any possibility he has any kind of pain anywhere? Pain can kill appetite. You could perhaps find out by gently feeling all over his body from head to toes, all over, and watch for his reaction in any certain place. A yelp is obvious pain. But even the slightest flinch could mean there was some discomfort.

It's amazing how many dogs keep going, keep playing, keep walking, even when they have some discomfort or pain somewhere.

Have you tried tempting him with some food? Something really yummy and tasty? A bit of plain grilled meat or fish perhaps? Or a sausage?

I hope you find the answer, and he's eating again soon.
Hi there,
Thanks for your reply.
We did not have any luck with my dog. Feeding is still a real struggle. We tried everything you can imagine from baby food to veal cutlets and barbecued liver.
He has been having few bites after I literally force him to eat. He also has couple kibbles at night. Whenever he eats, I am noticing that his back limbs tremble. Then he would run to the water bowl and drinks a lot of water. He also has been very lethargic during the day and sleeps pretty much the entire day but still goes for his normal walks.
His stool was totally normal. The vet put him on an antibiotic for GI inflammation for 7 days but it did not do anything.

You are reading content posted in the Dogs Community