English Bulldog died suddenly

Hello Everyone,
I had a six year old English Bulldog. Last week, the pet sitter was playing with her outside in the doggy pool and her tongue turned a blueish color. She put my dog in a cool bath to calm her down, her tongue eventually went back to its normal color pink. She was perfectly fine after that. My pet sitter recommended about two hours later that we take her to the vet. We took her to the vet (she jumped in the car and walked in the vet perfectly fine). The vet took her to the back and gave her an IV or shot of steroid, my little girl quickly went downhill and they had to perform CPR to bring her back. After they brought her back to life, they rushed her to the emergency vet up the street so that they could see her. The vet at the emergency place called me and said that they must perform surgery on her soft palette because it was blocking her airway. The next day they said my baby was doing fine and then the day after that they said she was breathing on her own and they took her out of the oxygen incubator. The day after that I received a call that she went into cardiac arrest and passed away. Can you please help me understand what happened to my baby???
Please help me understand. My bulldog was my whole world, she was my life! I don't know how I'm going to do this thing called "life" without her. She was so perfect in every way possible.
Oh my goodness.  That is just horrible. I lost a dog suddenly under different circumstances and it is so traumatic.  I can't adequately express sympathy to you as I know how bad it hurts our heart.  I would ask the vet to explain the issue with the soft pallete and how that occurred.  You are certainly due some explanation from the vets.  Let us know and in the meantime, big hugs
Hello Specialmom.....Thank you so much for responding so quickly. I'm currently sitting on my front porch in tears. It's been a long three days for me and I didn't eat at all yesterday. I called the doctor and they said my bulldog either had heart disease, lung disease, or upper respiratory disease, but they honestly do not know. It's sooooo sad because I feel like one of the doctors made a huge mistake, but I just don't know. Thank you so much for being so sweet to me and responding so fast. I'm really sorry to hear that you went through a traumatic situation with your dog also....losing a dog feels like losing a family member =(
As I just recently had a baby emergency of my own on Memorial Day weekend (a child accidentally dropped my 7 week old powder puff Chinese Crested onto the grass and I thought he wad dead. He only weighed 1.2 pounds and it knocked him totally out and he lie there limp, unresponsive. Long story short, he has aspiration pneumonia because when he regained consciousness,  he vomited and some went into his little lungs. We were out of town and had to drive an hour and a half to a vet we could find (and he was trying to leave town!). That was the longest time of my LIFE. Matteo's breathing was erratic and labored and he was making a God-awful sound as he breathed. They took x-rays, started him on IV ABX and steroids as well as oxygen. He was kept from Saturday afternnoo n until Tuesday. He, thank God, is ok and thriving. The reason I'm telling you this is because I want you to know that my heart absolutely BREAKS for your loss. I had only had Matteo for 3 days when all of this happened and I nearly had a nervous breakdown. Please know that I will be praying that God will wrap His loving arms around you and pour over you a peace that surpasses all understanding. I am so deeply sorry ♥
Hello Ladybug.....I'm so happy to hear your little baby is ok! I wish more than anything I would have had a happy ending to my story. Thank you so much for praying for me, the prayers are definitely working. It's still hard for me to look at her pictures and I had to put her doggy bed and toys in a bedroom upstairs because it's way to hard for me right now to see all of her stuff, but I'm trying to stay strong for my other three fur babies. Earlier this week I had so much more peace than I have had since everything happened, so I know God is with me through all of this =)

You are reading content posted in the Dogs Community