Our french bulldog Belle was sleeping in our bed on the night of friday the 14th June at 1:30am she seemed to have developed a thirst and at first we thought nothing of it, so we went back to sleep assuming she would pop her head back down beside us as she usually does when she sleeps in our bed. We brought Belle down and gave her some water and tucked her in to bed, and a usual kiss on the forehead. The next morning saturday the 15th june we woke up at approx 7:25am to find belle lying down in bed and not jumping up like she usually does when we come downstairs. As we went to pick Belle up to bring her up to bed for snuggles, both back and front legs had minimal movement. We called the vet. Being an early morning on a weekend vets did not open until 9am, so we had to bring her to the emergency respone veterinary hospital. She was taken in immediately for tests and blood work, as we left the vet both of us gave her one last kiss and hug (not knowing that this moment was the last time we would ever see Belle looking at us again) before we drove home eagerly waiting for an update. At 12:30 midday we called with hoping for a positive update as to how Belle was doing, fortunately her condition had not got any worse and so we thought her condition would improve at this point. At 2:30pm, the vets had called us explaing Belle had been starting to struggle with oxygen and so she was put on an oxygen tank to keep her alive. Her bloods had come back fine and no toxins in her blood, so we knew at this point that Belle needed an MRI to see what was going on, however in Ireland there are very few places that have such equipment and do not open on weekends, which is crazy! So our only option for our baby was to keep her on oxygen support and let the vets continue tests. At 5:33 pm we got a call from the vets hoping to hear a positive update of any sort.. Belle had just taken her last breath and was having CPR done with adrenaline shots to bring her back to life. Holding our tears back on the phone we jumped in the car and arrived at the vet for 5:50pm. At this point we were waiting in a room while Belle has already been under CPR for 30mins. The vet came in and told us it wasn’t looking good and Belle might not pull through. 4 vets were working on her at this point. After 1 hour and 15 minutes of CPR and 3 adrenaline shots, she displayed no movement. All i can think that may have happened the day before was she ate an apple core on the ground during her walk around the park and got sick straight after, but as i went to kick it away.. she ate it again but it never came back out. Did it get stuck in her stomach? What caused the sudden loss of movement in her legs overnight( the 6 hours we left her). What caused her breathing to fail over the 10 hours being in the vet?