A
A
A
Close
Dogs Community
10.3k Members
397560 tn?1220022177

My Doxie behaviour

Last saturday my husband found a couple of puppies (lab/ golden) in the back yard. Schatze (my almost 3 yr old doxie) wasn't very happy about it and at first tried to attack the poor puppies! But eventually got adjusted to the fact that there were another 2 "intruders" in the house. Since then she didn't want to go out in the yard, and sunday morning my husband found a huge poop in one of our bathrooms. She is potty trained and never made "mistakes", she knows how to hold everything til morning. So I am wondering if this is some kind of behavioral problem. I mean, now the puppies have been turned in at the Humane Society but she is still "mad" at my hubby...she won't come whenever he calls her and she stares at him. Can anybody explain? Thank you for your help.
Kiki
2 Responses
460185 tn?1326077772
I think you're right - she's mad at your husband and will get over it when she's ready.  Our dogs do the same thing.  Pooping is a good way for a dog to show disapproval.  If she does it for longer than a few days or even a week and if bribery doesn't work, maybe she should go to the vet.  I doubt she caught anything from the abandoned puppies but it's better to be safe.

If I had a penny for every stray dog that "adopted" me, I'd be rich.  A few weeks ago a rottweiler followed me right into the house.  Our Akita does NOT get along with rotties so I had to call Animal Control to get the poor little guy.  This is the second rottie who has followed me home.  I must be wearing a sign on my back letting dogs (and cats) know I'm soft in the head for them.

397560 tn?1220022177
I think my hubby has the same sign in his back...!!! Thank you for your advice, always very wise
Have an Answer?
Top Dogs Answerers
675347 tn?1365460645
United Kingdom
974371 tn?1424653129
Central Valley, CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Members of our Pet Communities share their Halloween pet photos.
Like to travel but hate to leave your pooch at home? Dr. Carol Osborne talks tips on how (and where!) to take a trip with your pampered pet
Ooh and aah your way through these too-cute photos of MedHelp members' best friends
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.