Dogs Community

Need low sodium dog food

We are moving an 8yr GSD/Australian Shepherd mix from England to the U.S. at the end of the year.  He has nephrogenic diabetes insipidus and is on a low sodium dog food - Hill's Science Plan Adult 7+ Lamb and Rice dog food.  I tried to switch him to Hill's Science Plan and it instantly caused a UTI.  Additionally, it has too much sodium.  Is there another food that I may purchase in the States that is low sodium and is not Hill's? (Science Plan seems to be the only Hill's product that he can digest without problems).

Cheers
Have you ever tried MediCal?  There are a number of Hill's products out there - our Akita, who has arthritis, eats j/d to help her joints.

You could do a Google search regarding low sodium dog food.  Maybe your vet can recommend something.

You might eventually have to cook his food for him so you can control the sodium.

lonewolf