Ear, Nose & Throat Community

2cm lymphnode on neck, swollen tonsil

I am FREAKING out with anxiety. Okay, so over a year ago- I went through a really bad time and was under extreme anxiety for months. During that time, I took voice lessons and I noticed one part of my throat hurt while singing. So i looked into my mouth- and noticed my right tonsil was slightly inflamed. The pain in my neck was sort of near my thyroid- where I found a lymph node- I saw Dr who refered me to ENT- he told me tonsil is swollen but nothing too concerning and basically sent me on my way. I got 2 ultra sounds of the lymph node and doctors said it was 2 cm but the architecture of the node was completely normal so they were not worried. It has been six months since then and I have had no change in symptoms- lymph node still there (moveable, waxy, palpable). I also have poked around at my right tonsil and sometimes pull tonsil stones out it (some are really big!!). I kind of attributed all the swelling and tightness (swelling in tonsil, node, and duct all on right side) to the stones- I have a CT scan on Monday and I am so scared I keep throwing up from nervousness. Has anyone ever had anything like this?
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life