Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Post nasal polyp surgery - Air comes out of both the eyes

I had a surgery done to remove nasal polyps few weeks ago. For the last few days, when I blow my nose lightly air comes out of both the eyes. This is hapenning right after surgery. is it because of the surgery that went wrong?

Before the surgery I was on prednisone for a while. My doctor says the nasolacrimal duct could have opened a bit because of the steroids i took and not to do with the surgery.

This is disturbing me a lot. any thoughts greatly appreciated

Thanks for your response
Hi, Thanks for the query. Looks like you have a nasolacrimal fistula secondary to the surgery. Prednisolone wouldn have caused your condition. All the best. Have a nice day
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life