Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Still can't breathe...

Again, please do not tell me to use any saline. I react badly to it. Also, I have tried everything (antihistamines to steroids) else I could possibly try...including surgery. I am having severe congestion (for 4 weeks now.) It's so bad, Afrin isn't even helping. And also today, I blew my nose and a hard, green, glob of mucus came out. It was about the size of a tablespoon. This is not the first time this has happened. Also I would like to point out that I am not suffering from a sinus infection anymore (I was a month ago.) All other times, the mucus that comes out is thin and clear. Also, I have been on antibiotics twice this month (I am on my second helping now to prevent another sinus infection.) Other symptoms would be two bad sores inside my mouth and extreme fatigue because I am unable to sleep due to this congestion. Also, I am unable (due to my doctor being out of town and me unable to leave town) to see my ENT until Monday, and I am forbidden to see anyone else... To me, this is a LONG time to wait when you can't sleep. PLEASE give me something I have not tried that works.

The list I have tried is below:

1. Sinus/deviated septum surgery
2. Afrin
3. Decongestants (psuedoephedrine)
4. Steam
5. Halls menthol cough drops
6. Saline irrigation (AGAIN DO NOT SUGGEST THIS AS IT IS VERY BAD FOR ME)
7. Drinking lots of water
8. NasalCrom
9. Steroid injections
10. Oral steroids
11. Naal steroids
12. Antibiotics
13. Allergy shots
14. Antihistamines
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life