Ear, Nose & Throat Community

nasal polyps problems

I have nasal polyps and have had them for about three years.  They are progressively worse.  I have allergies too.  Animals and seasonal are the ones that really get me.  I have allergies to aspirin as well and I have learned they make polyps worse.  However, I quit smoking 7 weeks ago and I was hoping that the nasal drip and mucus would get better but it is worse.  It is salty and very "meaty" and fibrous and although mostly white or clear it is sometimes brownish or orangish.  I have very bad congestion, too and now it seems that the polyps which used to reduce in size sometimes hardly ever go down now.  I am most concerned that the mucus or phlegm is so sticky and tends to make swallowing difficult sometimes.  Is this to be expected since I smoked for more than 20 years off and on or should I see a physician?
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life