Ear, Nose & Throat Community

nasopharyngeal question

hi guys, i am a singaporean chinese.
i had a naso scope in february as i had a ear infection, however doctor A mentioned nothing.
i had another scope in may, when doctor B found a growth/lump and think it might be cancerous so ask me do a EBV blood test. fortunately results are negative.
i had my third scope in june, and doctor C found the same growth and decided to take some biopsy. now i am waiting for the results.
should i be alarmed? as in is the negative EBV blood test a good sign? i also do not have any swollen lymph nodes. just dry throat and running nose.
thanks.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Where was the growth/swelling? EBV test helps to diagnose infectious mononucleosis. This is otherwise referred to as glandular fever. EBV virus is also known to cause cancerous changes. And the most common cancers caused by EBV are lymphomas.  At least 3 types of lymphoma have a definite link to EBV infection. But as you do not have enlarged lymph nodes, lymphoma is unlikely.  The biopsy should give a conclusive diagnosis. Good Luck.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life