Eating Disorders Community

Success in osteopenia tx?

I have osteopenia as a result of years of cycling between anorexia and EDNOS. I've been at healthy weight for over a year now thanks to a couple of IP stays last year but my bone density this year was worse than last years :( They found I was deficient in vitamin D so I'm now taking at lest 2000 IUs a day and 500mg of calcium 3x/day. My doctor said that if it's worse next year I will have to do IV Reclast because Fosamax is too hard on the esophagus. All the studies I've read showed that calcium therapy wasn't enough to increase bone density in ED patients so I have to say I'm a little discouraged.

Has anyone had success in increasing their bone mass? And yes I do weight bearing exercises as well :)
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.