Eating Disorders Community

eating disorder assessment?

I have had problems with my eating (or lack of it) for a long time. I always feel guilty after eating anything and i have even purged due to feeling so guilty. I can have times where i dont eat for days. Ive lost weight recently but i have still got a normal BMI.

Where i live, i don't have to go to the doctor and ask him to refer me to mental health services, i can refer myself.
I have been in contact with the eating disorder charity in my area, i have also attended an eating disorder self help group (run through the charity). They have advised me to self refer myself to the mental health services and get an eating disorder assessment.
Im just wondering what the assessment entails? i am really panicking about it
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.