Endometriosis Community

Bowel Endo....stupid bowel endo

Hey all,

This is my first time posting here and i am now because ive had enough.

History: im 30 years old. Ive had 3 babies, 10,3 and 2. Ive never had any period or cycle problems till mid last year.
Ive not been diagnosed but have an app with the specialist in july :(

First time i realised something was wrong was when i went to the toilet during my period on the 1st or 2nd day. I went to use my Bowels and it was excruciating. Like a stabbing sharp pain in my bum and inside my stomach. It took me by surprise and i may have screamed a little..... (awkward).

Ever since then my cycle has been all messed up. I get my period every 2-3 weeks rarely ever a 28 day cycle, once it didn't come for 5 weeks. Generally the worst days and most painful days are the 1st and 2nd day and the flow is very heavy and im pretty out of it for those days (like today).
I have pretty bad cramping and i feel like my vagina will fall out because of the pressure feeling, The pain when using my bowels and when urinating. I try just not to number 2 on the worst days to avoid the pain.
I cant use tampons as its just too much pressure in my bum and i get sharp pains when i sit directly on my bum for the first few days.
I also get many of these symptoms when im ovulating which usually happens around the week after my period.
My pms is pretty out of control also and it almost feels like depression when it comes.

Does this sound like Bowel endo or could it be something else?
Why does it flare up now and not 20 years ago?

Sorry to hear all that you are going through. I am not a doctor but I am a patient/advocate and I can try to help put your mind at ease and let you know that you are not alone.

When you describe what you have above there are a couple of things that come to mind. Rectovaginal endo, bowel endo, Fibroids or adenomyosis.

Where you ever on the birth control pill in your teens? Sometimes that masks endo and that might be why you have the pain come on now. However there are some that feel nothing until they are in their 20's. Endometriosis just doesn't discriminate and some people with Stage IV may not have symptoms at all and some with Stage 1 could be in absolute pain all the time.  I was the unfortunate kind which felt the pain from my second period and it took 14 yrs to diagnose causing alot of damage to my bowels and bladder.

That being said, when was your last ultrasound? Have you had one to see if there are any cysts or any enlargement of the uterus?
Hi there i have exactly the same symtoms as you. I'm 26 and came off the pill a yr ago to the date when I started to get the pain. I've had numerous painful investigations for the wrong prognosis because of doctors not understanding my problems so please do not listen to your doctor if they say you have irritable bowel....demand to see a gynecologist so they can decide what rout to go down as they are the experts. Wishing you all the best.
this definitely could be endometriosis...I would definitely see a specialist! It might also be pelvic floor dysfunction or pelvic organ prolapse as some of the symptoms have similarities to that as well so I would check into that as well...hope you can get it all sorted out and feeling better! Let us know how things are going!