Endometriosis Community

Endometrial Ablation

I just turned 30 and I have had Endometriosis for 5 years, i have had 3 Laproscopys, D & C , Histroscopy and now my Dr. want to do a Enddometrial Ablation, I want to just get a histroectomy but he thinks i should try this first. Has anyone had this done? Please help me!!!!
I have know many people who have had this done. I am not sure if I would say yes or no that it helped. Everyone is different.

The surgeon you see is he/she and Endometriosis specialist? Have you ever had Excision surgery done? That means to cut out the disease from the root. A hysterectomy will not cure Endometriosis but I can understand why you are desperate to have one.

If you want I can let you know of some good surgeons in your area that maybe you can get a second opinion on and maybe give them a shot. Having a specialist operate on you is vital. Excision is the gold standard and some surgeons just use the laser and it only gets the surface of the disease not the root.