Aa
A
A
A
Close
Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Community
1.12k Members

ebv concern help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hello i have been dealing with ebv for almost 5 months now that i look back the first symptoms were so obvious but hospitals kept turning me away saying i needed to see a therapist and blaming all the effects on my newborn daughter who i had june 19th and felt the first sighns august 3rd.....the next few weeks the events followed very very tired hardly could do anything loss of appetite....a few times i woke up and would vommit that lasted a few days...horrible burning pain in neck  for about a month....by the end of september i had finally found a doctor who believed somthing was wrong with me and tested me for numerious things finally a positive on the ebv by late sep i was eating better having more energy and no vommiting and neck burning went away>>>now lets forward until now late nov i deal with on a daily basis muscle spasams burning like feeling lower legs occasional in chest parathesia feeling on face and head and headaches....SO the big? is this ebv related??????? or the start of a autoimmune disease in aug i had a false positive lupus they said it was like that because i just had my daughter going in a week for a retest
1 Responses
329994 tn?1301663248
Have you been back to the doctor since you posted this? I would think that your primary would send you to both a neurologist and a rheumatalogist. Write down all your symptoms, when they started, how bad they are (scale of 1 to 10), what tests you have had so far but insist they re-do them.  I hope you get some help. You have to be pro-active. I know I have had to be. I have CFS, Fibro and Peripheral Neuropathy and had a positive ANA test but no answer why. It's difficult but please try to get answers.
Have an Answer?
Top Infectious Diseases Answerers
1415174 tn?1453243103
CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
Before your drop a dime at the pharmacy, find out if these popular cold and flu home remedies are a wonder or a waste
Fend off colds and the flu with these disease-fighting foods