Erectile Dysfunction Community

Age 17: ED from topical steroid cream usage?

I am currently 17 years old, and for the past 6 months or so, my erections have been weak. Overall, it is smaller, and the head and base(under the scrotum) are most noticeable in terms of weakness. I know that this is not a psychological problem, because when I wake up from sleep, it is still pretty weak. I can get hard enough for oral, but have yet to try intercourse or a condom on. The problem is that if I change positions or stop stimulation for a bit, my erection shrinks and goes away pretty fast. Around 2 years ago, I got a stubborn jock itch around my groin and very base of the penis. Powder and Lotramin cream did not work, so i was given a potent topical steroid cream by my pediatrician (idiot). It left stretch marks on my inner legs, and afterwards I continued to use weaker creams given by him and later a dermatologist. In total, I have probably gone through around 4 or 5 tubes of cream in the last year and a half or so. I quit these steroids all together 6 months ago when I fully realized the damage they had been doing to my skin and veins. My penis looks and feels different than it used to, and it is very discouraging. I can't imagine living the rest of my life with this. All I want is my old performance and blood flow back. What do you think the cause could be? A change in testosterone levels from the steroids? Physical vein damage from them? Or something else? Should I see a urologist? I would really appreciate your help.
I do not believe that your erectile difficulties are in any way connected to your use of steroid creams. It might be helpful if you could move away from that conviction because it is only making you miserable and it's erroneous. Steroid creams and ointments can cause skin striae but do not cause deeper or systemic problems.

Concentrate instead on relaxing about your erections and not demanding anything of yourself. This is going to come right.