Exercise & Fitness Community

Blurred Vision, Shaking, Then a Headache After Exercise

Hi, I am 31, in good condition and I exercise regularily.

Every once in a while I will exercise and after I am done I will shake (mostly my hands), then about an hour or two after I will have blurred vision (i cannot read, watch tv etc...) and then I will have a severe headache for a day or two.

At first I thought that it was because I wasn't eating or drinking enough water before, but I have tried everything and I cannot figure out the pattern. The only thing that I know is that it happens when I exercise too much. The problem is that I never know when that point is.

Can someone please help?????

Thanks in advance.
You need to see a doctor, those are serious symptoms.
I did and she told me to drink more water througout the day and I did that and it didn't help. This is why I am posting here....
I think you need a stress test.

Also she should check your sugar levels.

Good luck, I hope you get bettter.
DID YOU TRY LOOKING AT YOUR MEAL PLAN?IVE WENT THROUGH IT TOO A LITTLE.IVE FOUND THAT FOOD SOMETIMES,OR A CERTAIN FOOD CAUSES THIS.I LIFT WEIGHTS AND EATING IS A MAJOR FOCUS FOR LIFTING.JUST A SUGGESTION HERE BUT TRY ALMONDS OR GETTING ENOUGH ESSENTIAL FATTY ACIDS.HOPE YOU FIND OUT WHAT IT IS THAT IS WRONG.
Find a new doctor and get a second opinion.

If they give you the same answer get them to explain exactly how not enough water can cause your symptoms.
I am not aboslutely sure yet if this is the answer, but it sounds like exactly what I have...

http://www.migraine-aura.org/content/e27891/index_en.html
Thanks for all of the help!
Mori I too have same exact feeling like what you are experiencing after exercise.. that is the reason I stopped exercising.

I recently found some ppl who complaint about this as well..I will link them here.

at least we're not alone. LOL

keep in touch if you find anything. thanks
I too experience this phenomenon, I have had it happen to me in high school up to my current age which is 25. Usually after intense exercise is when it occurs, I do not believe it can be related to the foods that are eaten as I am on a very strict diet and I drink about a gallon of water or more a day. I have come to think that the issue could be related to blood pressure or a malformed vein or artery in the head or neck. One other possibility is light sensitivity runs in my family and I experience it occassionally, I have wondered if this could be one of the causes as well.

If anyone has found a cure or found exactly what causes this please let me know and if I find out anymore I will post it here as well.
Curious if you found anything out?
Runnergirl---  does this happen to you?  Start a thread and we'll discuss!
I have had the exact same experience twice this week.  Both after strenuous walks.  My vision was so blurred I could barely see.  Like lots of white lights.  And the first time I almost passed out.  I have HBP and thought it might be a dip in the pressure because I had started exercising and might not need the same dosage of medication.  Now, I am not sure.  A headache followed both occurences.  
In High Blood Pressure your pressure increases immediately after exercise. Only with long term exercise and diet control with salt restriction and weight reduction your blood pressure may decrease. So you have to exercise/cardio under a trainer in a Gym which is advised for you initially and later you can step up the intensity. Take care!
I too experienced this after excercising I had blurred vision and a servere headache this happened last week.  I also tried to drink more water, look at diet etc etc...

My blood pressure was checked at it was very high however I was distressed at the time.... I couldn't see properly and it really scared me.

I am 32 years old.  I went to A&E and they did an ECG on my heart all was fine.

I was refered to my GP and he thinks it is an EXCERCISE INDUCED MIGRAINE!  Although I do not suffer from migraines usually.

He has also referred me to the hospital for a CT scan to make sure nothing else is going on.

I will let you know but I am not doing any excercise at the moment until I know what is happening.

I hope this helps