1691275 tn?1322327507

Perineum pain from squats?

Hey y'all - so for about the past week or so I've had a dull but steady pain in my perineum ("taint"). According to WebMD and such, consistent pain in that area is a sign of prostate inflammation and should be seen to by a doctor. *However* not long before it started I did some weighted squats for only the second time since moving someplace that has a gym (I should note that I'm in good shape overall, except for this).

So: is there a muscle down there that doing weighted squats can pull or damage? Or should I make an appointment with a doctor?
2 Responses
Avatar universal
I would make an appointment with your doctor.
Avatar universal
The perineal muscle is a group of muscles in an area known as the perineum, which is the triangular area between the coccyx and genitalia. The perineum contains several muscles, fascia and skin and is often referred to as the pelvic floor. I suggest seeing your doctor!!

You are reading content posted in the Exercise & Fitness Community

Top Healthy Living Answerers
Avatar universal
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.