Blurred Vision & EKC

I was diagonised with EKC in my left eye almo 5 weeks ago. I'm still under medication. First it happened in my left eye and I was cured 90% ( all teh problem vanished however vision was not clear fully ) , then I got this in my left eye, it also cured within 7 days, vision was back like before, then again I got in my left eye. This time although the infection is almost cured in 7 days and I'm not facing any pain or foreign body sensation , still I'm facing th blurred vision prblem and its very acute? How long will it take to cure? is it going to create any vlong term vision problem afterwards?

Also for the last two years I can feel my left eye is more powerful than my right eye? Doctors said that always one of the eye will be more powerful? is it correct?

Thanks & Regards
Arunabha
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Dear arunabha,

I would recommend that you seek the care of an eyeMD to determine the cause of your continued visual problems and recurrent viral conjunctivitis.  Sometimes, inflammation can occur in the front surface of the eye known as the cornea.  This can cause blurred vision and be difficult to eradicate completely.  Usually, over time these disappear and visual loss does not occur.

Dr. Feldman
Sandy T. Feldman, M.D., M.S.
ClearView Eye and Laser Medical Center
San Diego, California

Helpful - 1
A related discussion, Recurrent EKC was started.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Eye Care Forum

Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Eye whitening, iris color change, and eyeball "bling." Eye expert Dr. John Hagan warns of the dangers from these unnecessary surgeries.
Eye expert John Hagan, MD, FACS, FAAO discusses factors to consider and discuss with your eye care team before embarking on cataract surgery.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Got dry eyes? Eye drops aren't the only option! Ophthalmologist John C. Hagan III, MD explains other possible treatments.