Avatar universal

Can anyone explain what this is? - no one knows it seems, vision issues.

I've had issues with my eyes for the last two-three years.
First, I got ocular migraine or migraine auras after intake of alcohol on some weekends.
After that, I moved abroad and experienced strong white flashes for around 10 seconds in my right eye
(right lower peripheral vision)
A year ago I started noticing some black spots or visual disturbances when on the computer screen late at night
in my peripheral vision.

But lately, it has gotten worse and more concerning, a few times I have experienced a big red/blue/yellow shadow or coloration in my right peripheral vision, sometimes it can also be a purple dot (like I got blinded by a light, but didn't)

And finally, I know have a grey permanent spot in my left eye (which has usually been the least affected one)
The grey spot is located a little to the left of my central vision and is noticeable mostly in daylight conditions (in the dark it can look like a dark smudge)

I have multiple big floaters in my right eye, and some on my left as well. Age 35, Caucasian.

What is going on with my eyes?
I have been tested 6 times now, with most of the tests available here.
But no one can give me an explanation.

I really appreciate your time for reading my post and for any help and tips.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Avatar universal
Thank you for the answer John, really appreciated. I got all of the tests done that you mentioned above. There was a genral thinning found only if i remember correctly, but it was a few months before my grey spot appeared.  I will see if there is a Neuro-ophthalmologist here soon. Thanks again!
Helpful - 0
Best of luck. If you get and answer and a definitive diagnosis please return and post.
177275 tn?1511755244
Your description of your problem does not allow a definitive diagnosis. And although you say you have been tested 6 times you don't say who tested and what tests done. You need to be seeing Eye MD ophthalmologist not non-physician optometrist. You need special tests including Amsler Grid,  Visual Field test, macular and nerve fiber layer OCT.  If these are normal you need to see a Neuro-ophthalmologist, ideally one associated with a teaching hospital with a department of ophthalmology.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Eye Care Community

Top General Health Answerers
177275 tn?1511755244
Kansas City, MO
Avatar universal
Grand Prairie, TX
Avatar universal
San Diego, CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.