Aa
A
A
A
Close
Eye Care Community
22.2k Members

Double vision when moving my head

For quite a long time I have had episodes of double vision lasting usually between 3 and 5 months, and recurring every few years.  I have had MRI's and neurology tests which ruled out MS, diabetes, tumour and all the usual causes of double vision.  I now have a situation where I have perfect vision while my head is still but as soon as I move my head my vision is double, then returns to single when head is still again.  This causes difficulty with such things as driving and walking across streets, and makes playing sport impossible.  Do you have any ideas on what may be causing it?  I do not experience headaches at all. I have visited an opthomologist many times and he has no idea at all why this is occurring.  Prism glasses were okay for previous episodes but now are not effective as my vision is fine till my head moves. Please help!!
1 Responses
233488 tn?1310693103
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
See a neuroophthalmologist at the best medical school you can get to.

JCH MD
Top General Health Answerers
177275 tn?1511755244
Kansas City, MO
Grand Prairie, TX
San Diego, CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.