Eye Care Forum

Eye injury & vision loss - any chance of possible surgery to regain eyesight?

My sis who is now 28 years old had an injury to her right eye when she was 4 years old, it was an enjury due to a stone that hit her eye & it damaged her eye & she lost her eyesight , she was operated immidiately but doctor informed that she can not have vision since the stone had damaged her black & white both the parts of her eye, we wonder after so many years , now that the science has developed to a great extent, is it possible for her to get her eyesight back, what procedure would she have to undergo, she is in India so what would be the procedure & cost of her getting the surgery done in the US, i need some serious information on this & would appreciate if you could help us out in this regards by guiding us on how we need to go about this, I am her sister & I live in Plano TX, having her vision back would change her life , kindly guide us , thank you
No it is not possible.  Once vision is lost in childhood at that age, there is no way to get it back later as the part of the brain associated with that eye doesn't develope correctly.

HV
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Eye whitening, iris color change, and eyeball "bling." Eye expert Dr. John Hagan warns of the dangers from these unnecessary surgeries.
Eye expert John Hagan, MD, FACS, FAAO discusses factors to consider and discuss with your eye care team before embarking on cataract surgery.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Got dry eyes? Eye drops aren't the only option! Ophthalmologist John C. Hagan III, MD explains other possible treatments.