Eye Care Community

Floaters ever go away??

I started seeing major floaters and flashes in my right eye a year ago. The eye doctor told me it was a detached vitreous. They said that it would become less noticeable over time, and in a year I probably wouldn't see any at all. It's been a year and they are just as noticeable as when they started.

Also, is there anything that may have caused this? And is there anything I can do to improve it?
Please use the search feature and archives and read the many informative discussions about "floaters" and "posterior vitreous detachments". Also go to my home page and read the blog on floaters.

PVDs are a normal part of the eye aging and occur even in young people especially if they are myopic. There is no effective, safe, inexpensive treatment for floaters.

JCH MD