Eye Care Community

Glare in eyesight-all day

I'm currently experiencing glare in all ambient light. My daytime vision is great, and I'm thankful my job allows me to drive most of the day in sales. Nighttime is so-so.

The effects are as if I see any light off a wall, computer, person, and it stays in my eyesight as I look around. The glare or colors I see is almost like white noise from a TV making all I look at have a shine to it. Even people standing up against a wall have an almost aura to them with an outline.

I've seen a Opthamologist and did two different exams looking in my eye. One a dilated, the other taking a photo of the back of my eye. He said he didn't see anything and thinks it is neurological.

One other thing I've seen. I also get flashing diamond pattern start and it curls almost to a snake semi-circle. If I'm driving, I'll have to pull over.  My Grandmother had MS that she passed from and my dad has Diabetes. I did have Lasik 15 years ago, but the MD ruled that out.

I've also noticed it is harder to read, with the words jumping out and I'm skipping words. Even my shopping trips to the grocery store, my eyes don't want to focus on the aisles as I walk by. This is where I'm leaning neurological.

I'm at a loss. It has gotten worse the last year. I'm wearing anti-glare glasses, that help with the office work.

Today I see my family doctor for advice and recommendations. I've noticed people have talked about vitreous detachment, and my other thought is to get a second opinion from another ophthalmologist.

Any ideas...?

Thanks,

JD