Eye Care Community

How to deal with high myopia?

I am only sixteen and i am -5 in left and -6 in right. I am afraid that if my eyesight continues to worsen i would not be able to get laser or even fix my eyesight. Also i used to wear contacts but now i cant due to dry eyes. I hate wearing glasses whether it is fashionable or not. I am so depressed and it is influencing my life greatly. I think about my eyesight when i wake up and i think of it before i sleep. Would i be able to get laser? By the time i am 20, my eyesight would have become even worse like -15 or something. I am so afraid please help?
Use the search feature and archives and read the many posts about progressive myopia.

It is not possible to predict how myopic you will get or your vison next year let alone 5-10 years from now.

Once your RX stops changing or changes only a little you would be a good candidate for lasik/eximer surgery.

Be sure you are under the care of an eye MD ophthalmologist and discuss your fears and concerns with him/her.

JCH MD