Eye Care Community

Is it safe for air travel with a case of PVD and a retinal hole

Afternoon, my mother is 48 years old and has been diagnosed with acute PVD and a small retinal hole has been found in the peripheral portion of her eye. Her retina is currently "flat". We are currently in Dhaka, Bangladesh but would rather get treatment for the hole and any future complications that may occur (such as a retinal detachment) at the U.S.
Will she be able to fly internationally? (a flight totaling 26 hours) or will it cause or risk Retinal detachment? I only ask because although just a vitreous detachment may not necessarily lead to retinal detachments, and changes in cabin pressure may not affect the process either, I'm concerned as to how the peripheral hole in her retina (what the Bengali retina specialist referred to as 'in the lattice'- I assumed he meant that the hole was caused by lattice degeneration since he said the hole was unrelated to the PVD) combined with her posterior vitreous detachment be affected by an international flight. We've really got our heart set on the States and treating her condition there, please let us know as soon as possible!

Thank you,

Jarin