Eye Care Community

Look for new advances for 'ocular albinism'

My 6.5years female child is suffering from a rare  desease called "Ocular Albinism " . She is exellent in her 1st grade , top in math but observes better without her eyeglasses .I'm searching for new advances on this hidden field and wondering why specialists take a negative look about rare cases .My child deserves a better point of view .
Your child should be under the care of a pediatric ophthalmologist Eye MD.

There is no "negative look" about rare cases.  There is much research being done on both prevention and treatment of rare diseases including huges new information since the DNA sequencing of the human genome and cellular and molecular biology.

JCH MD