Losing peripheral vision

Cataract op. Nov.2010 (Left eye),  right eye Sept.2005.  May 26 2011a,small black line appeared in my peripheral vision outside corner each eye, the left thicker than the right. 2months later a small  veil was added along side the black line. It is always worse in the left eye. Now 3yrs later me peripheral vision is left eye 80degree and right 120 degree.   I have seen 3 ophthalmologisst, one neurologist, a specialist for the optic nerve, also consulted with a
psychologist. No one can tell me what is causing this problem, even less a cure or even a way to stop the progression.  In the beginning the veil was thin and I could see through, but now I can only see shadows moving about. The black lines are a bit thicker and still there.  I have no glaucoma, no macular degeneration, my eyesight was perfect after the operation.  Now I have lost a lot of vision in my left eye and less in my right eye. 2 days before
May 26th 2011, while on a trip I stopped using very expansive eye drop for dry eye, and I also drank some juice that was very doubtful.  Please has someone suffered from this form of vision loss and what was the cause and cure. My doctors have never seen this. They say my retina is perfect and see nothing wrong.

This discussion is related to Yag Procedure.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest

You are reading content posted in the Eye Care Community