Eye Care Community

Red spot in eye - 3 weeks ago broken blood vessel

Three weeks ago or so I had a broken blood vessel in my eye that turned my whole eye red and the orbit around it was very sore.  It went away within two weeks.  This morning I notice a red dot on the white of my eye that is approximately 2mm in diameter. The orbit of my eye is a little sore today also.  I am 47.  How concerned should I be?
Generally these are not serious, however if you have not had an Eye MD check your eyes in the last year I suggest you see one. Find one near you at www.aao.org

JCH MD