Retinitis Pigmentosa

I live in Edmonton,Alberta,canada and i have a niece who lives in Africa to whom it has been prescribed a RP glasses My  2 questions are :
1.What kind of glasses do RP patients need to wear to help them?Do you believe in those glasses efficiency?
2.Where in Edmonton i can buy thoses glasses?
Thank you for your help
Felix Nimbeshaho

This discussion is related to retinitis pigmentosa.
IT is generally felt that heavy sunlight exposure is not good for RP patients. Thus wearing a hat, staying out of the sun as much as practicle, wearing sunglasses that block UV, infrared light are reasonable suggestions.

There are companies that make special glasses for RP but there is not good scientific evidence that these do any good or are worth the expense.

JCH MD

You are reading content posted in the Eye Care Community