Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

STEROID RESPONDER OR GLAUCOMA SUSPECT

Hello..

A year back I was diagnosed with increased eye pressure of 24,24 in both the eyes....I used some steroid for 6 7 months.....From that time till now 2 times my VF cane normal...
OCT improved and today my RNFL is 102,103 resp....Gynoscopy shows no blockage of angles.....Pachymetry shows Cornea thickness of 596um....Slip Lamp findings of dilated eye shows no cupping....But still my Eye pressure keeps on increasing upto 22 23....And My doctor seems not concerned about this....She wants me to remain drop free....But i am using latonoprost from a month now...and my IOP are 10-13 in morning and evening....and 16-18 in afternoon....She Diagnosed my as Steroid Responder....Instead of Glaucoma Suspect.....Can somebody kindly suggest me what to do....I dnt want to go blind....
1 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
233488 tn?1310693103
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
You have asked 21 questions, almost all the same.  It is not likely you have glaucoma and unlikely at this time you need latanoprost. With a thickness of your cornea of 596 and the pressure taken by tonometry the true pressue in the eye is about 4 points less.  Even if you do have glaucoma the latanoprost is lowering your IOP to ultrasafe  level, the med is not expensive and has few side effects.   Some ophthalmologists would NOT treat you and follow with regular glaucoma tests, others would leave you on latanoprost. I'm not commenting further. If you don't get the picture after this many posts,  I don't have anything further to say. Your fear of going blind is unfounded if you stay with your ophthalmologist.
Helpful - 1
3 Comments
One Last Question Sir....For How Long Latanoprost is able to control the IOP...I read some articles which says that Timolol has a capability of controlling IOP for 10 15 years without developing resistance...While Latanoprost can only do this for 4 5 years....After this our body develop resistance towards it and it needs to be changed....Kindly tell me if this study is true or not....
Everything you read is wrong.  Now no more.
Everything you read is wrong.  Now no more.
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Eye Care Community

Top General Health Answerers
177275 tn?1511755244
Kansas City, MO
Grand Prairie, TX
San Diego, CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.