Eye Care Community

Short sighted - New glasses

As the title says I'm short sighted and I'm wearing glasses. Last glasses that I wore for 7 year broke and I need some questions answered, so I can decide should I get new pair. I'm not sure about prescription of my last glasses but it was something like -2.50 on one eye and -1.50 on other, also one was cylindrical. I made a big mistake by wearing glasses all the time, and that made my vision further weaken. Beside from that I got Pinhole glasses, and I see improvement when I wear them. My questions are : Should I get new pair of glasses, or should I continue with Pinhole ones? Can Pinhole glasses improve my vision so I don't need other glasses, or at least glasses with lower prescription? Thanks.

P.S. I'm started wearing glasses when I was 13 years old, and I'm 24 now.