1663080 tn?1302839310

Teary eye

Do I consult an Opthamology or an ENT doctor regarding teary eye?
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Avatar universal
There are several conditions that can cause a teary eye.  I'd start by seeing an oculoplastic surgeon (or even a general ophthalmologist) to get a diagnosis.  If the problem turns out to be a blocked tear duct and dcr surgery is recommended, it can be performed be either an oculoplastic or ENT surgeon.  There are significant advantages for the patient if the surgery is performed by a doctor who is experienced using an endoscope.
Helpful - 0
233488 tn?1310693103
There are so many things that can cause an eye to tear that you should start with a general ophthalmologist. This is especially true if both eyes water.

Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Eye Care Community

Top General Health Answerers
177275 tn?1511755244
Kansas City, MO
Avatar universal
Grand Prairie, TX
Avatar universal
San Diego, CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.