After complaining about vision reduction that glasses didn't help much (I am 47) , the doctor recommended cataract surgery. I had the new Vivity lenses implanted about 5 and 6 weeks ago. My vision is still significantly worse than before the surgery: blurry, distorted, flickering, and cloudy with starbursts even in the daytime. After improving slightly after about 3 weeks, it is deteriorating again. The doctor says there is nothing wrong because I can make out the letters at about 20/40 level given enough time, but functionally I am unable to read efficiently and my work (I do software) has told me that I need to find a new job because of that. Also I can no longer drive at night. So far they have told me:
1) There was significant swelling and it should clear after a few days or couple of weeks (only slight improvement)
2) My mind needs time to adjust and type A personalities take longer (first time ever called type A)
3) I have dry eye condition (which I never had before) and need to use more artificial tears (I do all the time and doesn't help)
4) Try different types of tears (doesn't matter much)
5) Will need YAG and touchups but have to wait for 3 months, what's the big deal everything else looks good
5) I am making it up because other people don't seem to have these problems
I am desperate because I did this to improve my vision and now I am going to lose my job and it will be very difficult to find a new one but the problem is short of disability. Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do?