Eye Care Community

ocular albinism and driving

i have ocular albinism, nastagmas, and astigmatism. I am 17 and ready to drive i was proscribed a pair of biOptic and they just aren't for me. I see 20 60 with my glasses and i have discussed my vision with a vision Councillor  how i seen and why they wouldn't work for me. I am able to read sings except the green street signs the white fades into the green because of the light colors and the small rectangular shape. She brought up a GPS device that reads the signs as i pass and directs me to where i need to go. i was wondering if this would be possible and also wanting to learn about other devices and options.
thank you
Driving with your type of vision is much more hazardous than normal. You can google accident rates for your condition. I do not encourage people to drive with your problems.
JCH MD