Eye Care Forum

steroidal inhaler & blurred vision

In my eye exam with an opthalmologist in West LA last May 2012, all was perfect even the field vision test except I did have a slight change for my glasses.  Then 2 months after exam, my vision started to blur a bit and still is.  I started on a steriodal inhaler called Symbicort 8 months "before" the eye exam May 2012.  Have you ever heard of
glaucoma just from using a steroidal inhaler when this disease did not run in the family which is my case also?  And would it be best for me to see a "glaucoma specialist" this time?  Do you know of one near West LA?.
It has been reported, but very unusual with inhalers. Steroids can cause glaucoma and cataracts. You should see a specialist. I can't make a personal recommendation. Your ophthalmologist would be able to assist you with a second opinion.

Best wishes,
Timothy D. McGarity, M.D.
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Eye whitening, iris color change, and eyeball "bling." Eye expert Dr. John Hagan warns of the dangers from these unnecessary surgeries.
Eye expert John Hagan, MD, FACS, FAAO discusses factors to consider and discuss with your eye care team before embarking on cataract surgery.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Got dry eyes? Eye drops aren't the only option! Ophthalmologist John C. Hagan III, MD explains other possible treatments.