Family Health Forum

water coming out of naevus near eye

A small dent in the corner of one eye which I had always assumed to be a naevus (present since birth)  is starting to secrete water (clear fluid) should I be worried and why is it doing this? Thanks.
It is difficult to say without evaluation.

I would evaluate for the various causes of eye discharge - including viral or allergic conjunctivitis, as well as seasonal allergies.  

Once these common conditions have been ruled out, more specific tests can be considered to look for the more uncommon, structural causes.

I would discuss treatment for the aforementioned conditions with your personal physician.  If the symptoms continue, a referral to an ophthomologist can be considered.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_b
A related discussion, trombois was started.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.