can you get pregnant after getting your tubes tied and burned ?

I had my tubes tied and burned almost 3 years ago. Now I have missed almost two periods. I have the cramping, lower back aches, hot and cold spells, mood swings. Everything for a period but nothing is happening. Can I be pregnant ? Or do you have a idea on what is going on ? I have a doctors appointment tomorrow. But I can't wait. i am going nuts waitting. Can you help me out on some answers ?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hello if you told me i be writing on this blog and reading all the letters post I think your crazy for suggesting it. But Here goes my story I am 48 a mother of two daughter's 28, and 24 after my youngest was born I had my tubes tied due to complication from my pregnancy. Well now at 48 I am in a new marriage with a great man who i very fertile he has five grown children. he is the love of my life. i said God blessed me with my soul mate, we joke around and say if we had meet and waited on the Lord our fabulous seven would be ours together. Actually he says I would be their mother and course he would be all of their father. I do love him now I find my self questioning pregnancy or menopause? Well by breast are growing again and are very tender to the touch. I had a small bumpy bumps around the nipples. I also had a small discharge. Tummy is swollen and and now i missed my period. I took a pregnancy test just after my breast hurt to the touch. It was negative. I still am so confused I think I am pregnant, Dr appointment on the 8th of November. Wish me luck.... i love my Hubby either way God is in control. I kinda hope I am.
Helpful - 1
I had my period was kinda off but i keep having cramps and feel nausea in the evenings amd hot flashes smelling weird stuff i had cramping past few months now i dont know whats wrong could i be pregant even tho my tubes was burned
Helpful - 1
You know you can get pregnant after your tubes are tied and burned I know a lot of people who have gotten pregnant. I am a women who is 49 I am  pregnant and this is my  husband first two so I know God can and he will give you the desire of  your heart. Just wait you will see what the Lord Almighty can do for you.
Helpful - 1
I had a baby 11 mos ago my tubes where tie about 2 years ago I had the baby boy on dec.. 21 2012  I found out I was pregnant oct.12 2012 I had no I deal I was pregnant my family doc said I was not pregnant  we did all the tests . I was told I could not have any more kids well I had about 2 mos to get ready and it was worth it my miracle baby.  Carla mtvernon,mo
Helpful - 1
I am divorced with three grown children from that marriage.  I have fallen madly in love with a guy who don't have children.  I had my tubes tied after my third child.  Thought I was finished with having children.  Since the divorce, no man has ever aroused me like the guy I am with now.  There is a age difference, I am 50 and he is 39.  We have discussed the possibility that a child would be perfect.  I have a lot of things going on, and that is sometimes I miss my period and I think that it could be I am pregnant or menopause.  What am I to do?
Helpful - 1
I am scared to get my tubes tied
Helpful - 0
Sorry it's 1/350
Helpful - 0
well, my aunt mary jo was one of those 350!
Helpful - 0
how old are you could it be menopause sounds like those symptoms hot and cold flushes ect.goodluck
Helpful - 0
I know someone who had her 3rd baby after having her tubes tied and burned. Never even knew she was pregnant til 4 months along! :)
Helpful - 0
i myself have had my tubes tied/burned now for 6 yrs almost seven and i am now a week late. some cramps, light bleeding only when wiping. am i just having a weird period or could i be pregnant?
Helpful - 0
A women that I work with had her tubes tied clip and burned she only have 4 boys and to her miracuosly miracle she had a pin hole in her tubes and now has a little girl with her husband so it can happen. Also my aunt works at the hospital and been there for over 20 years she works in the baby ward so you know she has seen some things. My aunt said that they are delivering babies from women who had their tubes tied clip and burned. God works in mysterious ways uhh!
Helpful - 0
i believe i ahd mine clipped & burned  this was 9 yrs ago & now i feel deeply that i could b pregnant i had intercorse the 1-17-08 and just almost 2 weeks i have started to feel nausea ,tender breast, & i am cureently bleeding what should i do!!!!!!!!!!!!
Helpful - 0
after i had my son i got my tubes tied i feel bad about doing it though cause i wanted another one but it's to late
Helpful - 0
Well ladies i have had my tubes tied for 7 years and i missed my period in February and i feel flutters in my stomach, but i had a period in January could i be pregnant
Helpful - 0
I had my tubes clipped March 2007, I am now 6 or 7 weeks pregnant, I wish they had at least a one year warranty on this. I'm 37 and already have 3 kids, the baby is starting school this year... My hubby is the one "glowing" right now, he is very happy, wish I could say the same for myself... but life has it's way of surprising us sometimes, I just wish it would of been with a winning lottery ticket....
Helpful - 0
I had mine cut ties and burnt 6 yrs ago And i feel as if I am preg nauseated stomaches is getting bigger and breast gettinf larger I have wanted to get preg almost since I had my son could this just wishful thinking on my part i had per. last month and something was weird about it I only went for 3 days when usually it is a week and a half and then 2 days later this slimy stuff was ther it was a little dark weird huh took preg test but was neg maybe to soon to tell could you please what it was like
Helpful - 0
i had my tubes tied back in august 2007 and i just skipped my second period could i be pregnant?? i don't feel nauseated or anything just cramping a little.
Helpful - 0
sorry to hear of your surprise hun.i myself must buy a pregnancy test.i have 4 children,12,7 and twins of 3 but am 2 weeks late which is not like me.i had my tubes tied when had c section with twins as did not want anymore at the time but the longer i go without having a period a small part of me wants to be pregnant again x
Helpful - 0
Well mistybolen, it's just like any of my other pregnancies. Stomach getting bigger, my breast are sensitive (I can't even look at them and they hurt), getting up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, not hungry, TIRED, I'm all for an afternoon nap on the weekend, emotional...I thought I was beginning pre-menopause!

Oh and the home pregnancy test showed positive before the indicator started showing... I'm going for an ultra sound on Wednesday March 12...
Helpful - 0
I'm 44 not hungry breast tenderness backache face is breaking out really emotional but had my tubes cut and burned could it be that I'm pregnant
Hi I'm 26 years old. I had my tubes clipped in 2003.  I'm almost 2 months late. I have no insurance or I would have laready seen the doctor. I'm freaking out. I have taken 4 tests they keep saying negative. I have to pee more frequntley. I'm always tired. I'm freaking out. What are the odds that i'm pregnat. They clipped each tube in 2 places with gold clips. Anyone please. My husband is laid off I'm the only one working. Please any advice I would appreciate.
Helpful - 0
Show what happend at the ultrasound.I had my tubes tied 12 years ago. And now I'm late and my hair and nails are growing(they never grow). I am really worried that I might be pregnant. My baby is 12 and I will be 39 on March 14. I love kids but I am ready for mine to move out(I have 6 kids in all 4 are mine and 2 stepkids).4 of the 6 are teenagers
Helpful - 0
I had my ultrasound today... the baby is the size of a peanut and it's in the uterus where it's suppose to be. Due date November 3rd. So here I go again...
Helpful - 0
ANY ADVICE ON HOW TO GET PREGNANT WITHOUT TUBAL REVERSAL??? I HEARD TO TAKE FOLIC ACID AND GERITOL EVERYDAY, BUT DOES THAT REALLY WORKS?? I HAD MY TUBES TIRED IN 2000, ME AND MY HUSBAND WANTS ANOTHER ONE??? CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME??????
***@****
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community