reverse vicectomy or IVF?

Me and my partner want to have a baby. He had a vicectomy performed 4 years ago. I am not sure what's less painful for either one of us to do: him reverse his procedure or me get an IVF if possible at all. I am not sure about the success rate neither..........after I read a bunch of articles about extracting sperm from him and planting it inside of me I could not get a confirmation if it is even possible to happen. Any thoughts on this matter will be appreciated. Thanks
Reversing a vasectomy is cheaper and easier than doing IVF.  
COMMUNITY LEADER
They can extract the sperm.
Then maybe do IUI??
I was awake for my reversal and it was a fairly simple procedure with a quick recovery time. My wife got pregnant on the first try

You are reading content posted in the Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community