I would like to find out what type of doctor or specialist to seek out to properly diagnose whether what i am experiencing is tmj or not because i have rheumotoid arthritis and i am not feeling well on a daily basis with severe pain in face area, ears and throat and now experiencing stomach pain
Best Answer
Avatar universal
A rheumatologist would be the best specialist for your RA, but a dentist or oral surgeon would be the best for the TMJ.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Avatar universal
Your regular dentist can tell you if you have TMJ.  You can also see a rheumatologist, who is most likely the best specialist for you to see.  Best of luck with your diagnosis!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Fibromyalgia Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.
Can I get HIV from surfaces, like toilet seats?