I plan on breastfeeding...but...

I am currently 36 weeks pregnant. I do plan on brestfeeding the baby, but I want the father to be involved, as well. We do plan on pumping, so that he has the chance to bond with the baby and feed him through the bottle. So this is a multi-question...
When is it ideal to have the baby drink out of bottles as well as my breasts?
Is it possible to suoolement and us do both breastmilk and formula...so the father will be able to be away from home and still feed the baby?...
Is there a specific formula that works better with breastfeeding?
Join the breastfeeding forum. The answers are all there already
Pump and give him it through a bottle. And store milk for when your gone so he can give it to hm. They have bottles that are made to mimic breast feeding. There called breastflow bottles made by the first years.
I pumped and froze milk so my husband could give a night time bottle as well as feed the baby when I was away. I used Dr. Brown's and never had a problem. Annabelle went from bottle to breast and back beginning at one weeks old.
The midwife has recommended that because I want to breastfeed but still want my partner to be involved not to express n give them a bottle for quite a few weeks coz they may not take your breast after a bottle till they get used to breast
Congratulations on your pregnancy and your choice to breastfeed. This is the best thing you can do for your body (to lose weight- since you burn around 500 calories when you EXCLUSIVELY breastfeed, contract your uterus, & lower your estrogen levels which decreases your chance for cancer throughout a lifetime, as well as postponing your menstrual cycle in most cases, and can aid in natural child spacing). This is also a great thing to do since by breastfeeding you are increasing your baby’s IQ, you’re decreasing his risk for multiple respiratory illnesses and disease such as asthma, diabetes, and obesity.

There are lots of ways for dad to be involved. Dads can change, bath, bring you a glass of water, massage you and the baby… Help with the dishes. (My personal favorite)

Once breastfeeding has been established (usually after a couple of weeks) you can introduce the bottle. It doesn’t matter which kind… bottles are all artificial and the ones that look like a breast, don’t mimic what the breast looks like inside of the baby’s mouth.

Formula can be introduced while you’re breastfeeding, but every time you skip feedings by supplementing, your supply will diminish. (read about supply in demand in breastfeeding community and feel free to ask any questions there… we love the questions!) Formula feeding has other risks as well. It’s not “the devil”, but it does have risks associated. Do your research and find out which choice is right for you and your baby. There is not a WRONG way to feed your baby since breastfeeding is not an option for every mom due to her personal feelings.  Any breast milk is good, more is better, and exclusive is best.

You are reading content posted in the First-Time Parents (with 0-6 Month-Old Baby) Community

Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
6 essential foods for new moms (and their newborns!)
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.