Is it safe to bring my 3 month old around a 1 yr old that had a 103° F fever?

My 3 month old was invited to his 1 year old cousins birthday party (with us of course) but I am nervous about going because last weekend his cousin had a 103 degree fever. I am afraid his cousin or their family members might be contagious still and pass it to him. They also have a 3 year old. I told my husband I really don't think we should go. I feel like a 103 degree fever in a 3 month old could be pretty terrible. Am I being overly protective or is it wise to sit this one out?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
If it does not feel right, you must not do it. So if you feel staying at home and away from them is best for your baby then do it. As a mother we should do what we feel is best for the baby.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the First-Time Parents (with 0-6 Month-Old Baby) Community

Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
6 essential foods for new moms (and their newborns!)
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.