Is my Oscar fish sick?

Hello
We have had a 4inch Oscar Fish for about 5 months, sometimes he will lay on the bottom of the tank for half a day, but this time he has been laying there for three days, he has eaten a little, but he is not himself at all. When we put our hand in he swims and look oK but soon goes to the bottom again. Is he sick?
From my somewhat limited experience with oscars they are pretty lazy fish, howerever Not eating is a concern.  Visit your local aquarium store- not a multi-pet corporate store like petco or petsmart because they don't know shyt about the animals they traffic.  You need to go to a store that specializes in fish.  They should be able to help you out.   Good luck to you and your oscar.
my oscar has alot of scals missing can anyone tell me what's wrong?
my oscar keeps rolling-like he can't keep his balance upright-any suggestions
This sounds like it could be serious.  Have you spoken with your local aquarium/fish store? note:  big box pet store employees generally don't have the expertise required for a medical diagnosis.  Seek out a good ol fashioned mom and pop fish store or try a specialized online forum: aquariacentral  dawt cawm  is a good bet
We recently got a large oscar in a 55 gallon tank - at first seemed pretty good - although not sure how much he is eating.  Last night he acted like something was hurting and every 5-10 minutes he would go crazy and slam into the tank then lay at the bottom until he did it again.  Didnt think he would make it through the night - but he did.  Anything I can do to help - do not want to lose him??
My fish has a mate, she is pregnant, and has been laying on her side for the past week breathing heavily. It is worrying me, and i can't tell if she is choking, or is in labor, she is really pregnant, and i am really worried about her. Her mate has been staying next to her, kind of with a worried look on his face, and he is fine. I don't want my oscar to die, because she is really important to my family. So please, help me make my fish better!

You are reading content posted in the Fish & Aquatic Pets Community

Members of our Pet Communities share their Halloween pet photos.
Has your pet ever swallowed your prescription medicine? Vet tech Thomas Dock explores the top 10 meds that harm pets and what you can do to prevent a tragedy from happening.
Like to travel but hate to leave your pooch at home? Dr. Carol Osborne talks tips on how (and where!) to take a trip with your pampered pet
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.