Surgical procedures in fish?

Hi friends.Its the first time I post here in a fish community, my place was always at the cat's one.
I never had a fish,and now I have 3 cats
But I 'd been reading a veterinarian magazine and there they relate many cases and procedures in different animals and one of those caught my atention
It was a fish disease - I dont remember the name,but is skin problem - and the procedure need was the surgical remotion of the stuff.
So I started wondering: HOW DO THEY DO A SURGERY IN A FISH? I mean,there are ways to keep him outside water for? How to measure his, well,vital signs or use anestetics?
Does anyboby here knows about? Links?
Thank you in advance.
Here is a link to our Ask a Vet at MedHelp ... it's a good question and one I have no idea how to answer but wanted to share the link:

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Animal-Health---General/show/112

C~
Thanks for replaying I got a good place with info and here goes the link

Surgery in Fish Research: Common Procedures and Postoperative ...
www.emc.ncsu.edu/.../PUB_harms_Surgeryinfis... -
replying ... and the stuff didnt appear as a link ...Well, well - how i miss one edit box

You are reading content posted in the Fish & Aquatic Pets Community

Members of our Pet Communities share their Halloween pet photos.
Has your pet ever swallowed your prescription medicine? Vet tech Thomas Dock explores the top 10 meds that harm pets and what you can do to prevent a tragedy from happening.
Like to travel but hate to leave your pooch at home? Dr. Carol Osborne talks tips on how (and where!) to take a trip with your pampered pet
Frequency of HIV testing depends on your risk.
Post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) may help prevent HIV infection.
Millions of people are diagnosed with STDs in the U.S. each year.