GERD (Acid Reflux) Community

Hiatal Hernia chest pain

Hi, I'm a 43 year old male with a hiatal hernia. I had my heartburn associated with the HH in control till a few months ago. I currently take 20mg of omeprazole in the morning and 300mg of Zantac before bed. However it doesn't seem to be doing the job. I have so much chest issues that it concerns me about cardiovascular issues. I had a stress test about 7 years ago when the heartburn/chest pains first started and it came back fine.

My question is should I repeat the stress test to rule out the cardiovascular stuff or I'm is a 7 year old stress test sufficient.  Am I being overly paranoid.

I should probably mention that I have anxiety issues and have severe needle phobia as well. I can send myself into a panic thinking about this stuff. I've tried some anti-anxiety medication (zoloft and wellbutrin) but the side effects are to much.

Have you ever given DGL a go? Try it for a month then ease off the meds before you die of the side effects. The acid in your stomach is one of the bodies first line of defence. Best of luck!
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem