GERD (Acid Reflux) Community

Just nerve damage in my throat, or the beginning of cancer?

When I push on throat, above the thyroid glad, under the chin, I feel a raw pain that has been there for years.

I have had hiatal hernia all my life, and my last endoscopy was done 2 years ago, coming back as okay. My doctor said I should just keep taking my prescription medicine. When I asked him about this pain, he said it could be just permanent... or long lasting nerve damage. But since then I can't really tell if it has gotten worse or not.

I don't really have a problem swallowing or breathing. And I only notice it a little bit on its own, but when I push on it, the entire pain reveals itself and can be quite startling. It's like a hidden pain that surfaces a little bit, but when I reach for it, its not hidden anymore. (its pretty much everywhere in my esophogus)

After I push on it, I get phlegm after I clear my throat and my voice goes a little hoarse. I've also had about 5 pounds of weight loss in the last 5 years.

That's really my main concern. And also, when I stretch and move my chest, that pain is always there, for my entire life. Isn't this stuff supposed to go away when I take medicine everyday? Am I not doing enough to change my diet?
also, i cant seem to find any information on this dormant pain. Its really scary because I feel nothing, then when i apply pressure its a really violent, raw pain through out my entire throat,
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem