Gastroenterology Community

Ab Pain

I am 22 years old and just a year ago I got my gallbladder taken out because I was experiencing upper right quad. pain that would sometimes radiate over to my left side. After a year of getting my gallbladder out the pain is still present. For the past year I have had dull pain in the upper right quad and just ignored it to be side effects from getting my gallbladder out. But as of last night I have been getting waves of moderate-severe pain in my upper right quad. When I push on the pain it sends a shocking wave of pain up the the left middle chest. I called my doctor and he told me it could be from working out but I work out all the time and I know the difference between sore muscles and pain in my organs. Does anyone have any idea on what this might be and if I should be going to the ER?
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem