Abdominal upper right quadrant pain, just below ribs

I too have upper right quad pain just below my ribs. I am a male, 46yrs old 6ft and weigh 175 lbs. My pain comes and goes and has for about 6 months. It is not severe pain, but at times is more annoying than anything. It feels like there is something in there pinching me. I went to an internal med MD in July. He ran blood tests that all came back fine. He sent me to have an abdominal ultrasound which showed only "healthy" organs. No dilated bile duct, no gall stones, liver enzymes were in normal range. It is 4 months later and the pain is still happening. When I sit, or bend at the waist, I can feel the pain. It is not a deep, internal pain, but seems close to the surface, just to the right of that little cartlidge/bone that splits the rib cage...just to the right of the stomach. What the heck could it be? My MD put me on Nexium, thinking maybe it is peptic in nature, but 60 days of Nexium and still the pain persists. I am freaking out because my dad passed away this past March due to a rare appendix cancer (pseudomixoma peritonei) that several MD's could not find, nor diagnose properly once they found it, another story in itself...so you know how the paranoia sets in. I don't have a lot of faith in MD's right now. Anyone out there have any input? Can the liver be screwed up for this long and still avoid being detected? Can inflamation be detected by ultrasound? It feels like it's burning, not like heartburn, but a firey sensation...hard to describe. Someone, please help me settle my fly away brain...thanks.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
For ten years my wife has had pmp.  She has had five dbulking surgeries to help her live a normal life.
My God I have so much helper knowledge that I do not know where to begin.
Is anyone out there now?
Helpful - 0
After reading closer about the questions I better explain I want to help people with pmp.
Pmp is called psuedomixomaperitonei.
It is a cancer and it will eventualy kill.
Is there anyone have that dianosis?
Helpful - 0
i dunno i havent been to the doctor yet, i was hoping i could get some info about it without going to the doctor.
Helpful - 0
We don't know what is wrong with us yet. What is it?
Helpful - 0

I read about Pseudomyxoma Peritonei, and I don't have those symptoms.. I'm anxious for my insurance to start though so I can get more tests done.
Helpful - 0

I was reading about all of the benefits of garlic and read that if you eat 3 cloves of garlic and drink it down with hot tea before bed it could kill bacteria and parasites and all kinds of bad stuff. So I tried it, and the next day I didn't have my usual pain under my rib. I always have the pain every day and if not during the day it ALWAYS starts at around 10pm, but yesterday the pain never came and I stayed up till 4am with no pain. I also got my parasite cleanse and started that today so I'll keep posting my progress.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Gastroenterology Community

Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem